Saturday, January 29, 2011

Little Dresses for Africa - More Volunteers and More Fabric

We are so lucky and I am so thankful!

Word is spreading and we are getting more and more people who want to volunteer to help us with the sewing. Their generosity is humbling.

This week I spoke with 3 new volunteers (Heather, Stu and Karen). In addition, we sent fabric for 15 dresses to Las Vegas for completion and Jeannie is working on another 8. Bobbi is down for 10-12 and Toni just emailed me from Wisconsin and she may even make some more.

Just heard - Las Vegas dresses are finished and on their way back to Oakland. OMG!!! Two days is all it took her.

If we keep this up, we just might make our goal of 75!! We can always use more. I have other orphanages that need help as well.

Here's the latest fabric I dropped off this morning to Karen, our newest volunteer.

Can't wait to see the finished products.

Hmmm I feel a little fashion show coming on after we get them all completed. We'll see.

BTW - I read the other day that Whoopi Goldberg has roots to Guinea Bissau as well. Anybody know her phone number??? That's another project.










No comments: