Thursday, March 24, 2011

LDFA - All Good Things...

We have come to the conclusion of our project to make dresses for the 75 little girls residing at the Casa Emanuel Orphanage in Guinea Bissau, West Africa. Thanks to the kindness and generosity of many, the results have exceeded my wildest expectations. Never in a million years did I imagine that I would be boxing up 123 dresses to send to Africa!!

The only thing left for me to do is to get the dresses sized, boxed and off to Rachel in Michigan. I plan to ship them to her within the next 2 weeks. I'm not sure when she will ship them out and I understand that it takes some time for them to reach their final destination. I have been assured that once they are received in Africa, I will get pictures of the African girls in the dresses. As soon as I get them, I will post them to this blog.

Today I want to extend my sincere appreciation to each and every person who helped make this project a success. In your honor, I have put together yet another slideshow (yes, I know, but humor me). I tried to get a picture of everyone, but that is not always possible. I'm sorry, if you do not see your picture in this slideshow please know that I thank you and that your efforts are appreciated!!

THANK YOU

1 comment:

devon said...

Here's 2 comments to that came to me from Washington for posting:
wow !!! all the dresses are beautiful..what a turn out and great video..i am jealous that i was not so inspired..i know,,i can still get inspired !

how marvelous !! you have such contagious energy ! everyone in the video looked so happy to be there and making dresses