Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy ONE year Blogoversary - devon4Africa

Boy does time fly! It's hard to believe that it's only been one short year ago that I started this blog. My vision was a bit vague back then but I knew I wanted a place to discuss events related to Africa and my newly discovered ancestral homeland of Guinea Bissau. Back then I had no idea that I would even be able to visit the country since I had heard so many stories about the country's political unrest.

Here we are one year later and I am looking forward to making my 1st trip to Guinea Bissau and participating in the celebration of the building of a much needed school.
I also received this message from Raj: "We have some exciting news in the works. We secured a venue in NYC for March 3rd to raise money and promote the project and its progress! Hasan will be performing songs from the album, and we will show videos from GB, and update everyone regarding the project and its progress."
Here's a short video slideshow I put together highlighting the year's projects and it also includes some updated photos of the new school.

Thank you to all of my readers. Please stick around. There is so much more to do and I have soooo much more to say! 

No comments: