Monday, July 4, 2011

Blankets of Hope - Update

Colleen forwarded this email to me and I thought I would post it on the blog. This shows how ONE person truly can make a difference.


If you would like to make a blanket or two, please let me know. A simple blanket with one side fleece and the other flannel. Need both sizes in both boy and girl patterns. 

So far 12 blankets are completed. The goal is 54, We could use your help! Blanket go to Open Arms Ministries in Mexico
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Colleen,

Thanks so much! I apologize for the delay in responding.  We have been away, and out of email contact.

I am in awe of you, Devon, and the wonderful community of dress-makers and blanket-makers. I know how important a blankie is to a small child, and I can only imagine how important it becomes to a child who has very little.

I would love to send you a gift card for JoAnn Fabrics to help defray your costs! Please send me you address and I will take care of getting a gift card to you.

Also, when you get a chance - please send the directions for the blankets. (My sewing skills are atrocious, but then I figured, how tough can a blanket be? And the need is so great.)

Thanks so much.

love,
Barb  

No comments: