Sunday, July 17, 2011

Parisian theme wedding in South Africa

I am interviewing a Parisian Wedding Planner for my Paris blog and thought I would see if I could locate any weddings which were performed in Africa with a Parisian theme.

I came across the recent wedding of Johannesburg - President Jacob Zuma's daughter Duduzile and Lonwabo Sambudla. They had an Easter "Parisian-theme ceremony" ceremony this past April which has been described as South Africa's wedding of the year.

The Sunday Times reported that an army of private security guards, police and the presidential protection unit watched over the venue, Inkwenkwezi Game Reserve near East London in the Eastern Cape, where a giant white marquee had been erected.

The bride, 28, wore a white off-the-shoulder wedding gown encrusted with Swarovski crystals, and a pair of silver Christian Louboutin shoes.

She was accompanied by her father and four bridesmaids dressed in red gowns.

I think I will investigate African wedding planners and if I have any luck I will post the interviews here.

Duduzile and Lonwabo Sambudla

No comments: