Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Walk for Water

Be Hope To Her
I found some interesting information online about a past event that was designed to turn students on campuses across the United States into advocates for those needing clean water access in the developing world.

What a remarkable concept.

While the guys swept the campus to bring widespread awareness and education, the ladies walked in solidarity with the women and girls of Africa by actually carrying a bucket of water on their heads to final rally point.

I wanted to find out more about the organization behind the event BH2O+ (Be Hope to Her)

The organization is called Nuru International and interestingly enough it is located in my neck of the woods, Palo Alto, CA. Their website said
Visit bhope2her.org to find out ways you can become an advocate and get involved in providing water sanitation education and solutions to the developing world through BH2O+.

I think I’ll send them an email and find out a little more about their programs. Who knows, maybe they can help me with Djati.

I’ll let you know.

Oh, and I posted this video on my sidebar in case you need to find it again quickly or want to share it with your friends.

Even though the event is over the message is still powerful. 
Please watch

1 comment:

Toni said...

What a great idea! I hope that they will have a means to help us in Guinea Bisseau!