Sunday, November 27, 2011

Do YOU love to discuss race?

"How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Discussing Race." is a video by one of my favorite people, Jay Smooth. ill Doctrine is a video blog hosted by Jay Smooth, founder of New York's longest running hip-hop radio show, Underground Railroad on WBAI 99.5 FM in NY, and is an acclaimed commentator on politics and culture.
Jay Smooth: "This is the TEDx Talk I gave at Hampshire College last month, my first time doing this type of presentation but the school's all-star organizers and audience made it a great experience. Much thanks to everyone at Hampshire College for putting this event together, you should check out all the talks from that day, I felt like they each touched on related themes and complemented each other really well. Special thanks to my good friend (and Hampshire alum, coincidentally) Joe Schloss for the conversations that helped inspire the talk. "
Jay Smooth approaches all of his topics with humor. 
I love watching his videos. 
Please make some time to watch the video.

 
Link to video: "How to tell people they sound racist"
 

No comments: