Monday, March 5, 2012

It Takes a Village - East - West Celebrations - Update

I promised to post the results from It Takes a Village - Concert with a purpose:
Here's what I have so far. 

I heard Hasan's mom attended the concert and he brought her on stage. Wish I could have been there.

I got this picture from my friend Malam who attended the concert

Words from Hasan:
Thank you to everyone who came out and supported the It Takes A Village / Music Is My Weapon Concert last night! It was a tremendous success! We have not yet reached our final goal but we have taken a huge step in the right direction. Amazing performances by Drue Baron Roland Kalae AllDay Brown Rice Family @The Band Called Fuse Negros Americanos our dj Oja Soundtwista and hosts Caridad De La Luz & Luis Henrique Canyada -PEACE

 Words from Raj (Hasan's manager):
Last night was one of the most amazing nights I've ever been involved in with music! I wish you could have experienced it in person, but your spirit was definitely alive in the building. We had a sold out attendance at the venue in NYC. The venue manager said it was one of the best event turnouts the place has seen since he's been there, and that we are welcome back anytime to do future events. The place was gorgeous. We had over 300 people, and the energy, emotion, and message of the It Takes a Village project remained throughout. I showed a 9 minute documentary I made of the whole journey from our side, and shared with the crowd the information and pictures you've given me. The crowd was inspired and some people even had tears in their eyes (you never see tears at a hip hop show!).
 Ignitus worldwide Guinea Bissau affiliate /Higher Hopes non-profite youth organization in Washington DC have delegate 3 of their member to attend Hasan Salaam, fundraising show @ 92Y Tribeca, NY for "It's Take a Village " project in Guinea Bissau

No comments: