Monday, June 25, 2012

It Takes a Village - More Little Dresses for Djati


What a wonderful day! On Sunday I was invited to Sojourner Truth Presbyterian Church in Richmond, CA to receive some little dresses for my girls in Djati.




Dr Janice Wilson was in need of a project for her Vacation Bible School class (we did not know each other but we share the same locktian - Adrianne Robinson). Janice is an excellent seamstress and Adrianne told her about my projects in Africa and thought that making the dresses would be an excellent project for her class.



Janice phoned me and invited me to attend to the children's fashion show at the completion of the week's program. She asked me to speak to the congregation about my projects and also said that they also wanted to present me with the dresses. Janice made about 30 dresses all total. IN ONE WEEK!!! and the girls loved the dresses!

getting ready for the runway walk!


The program included a fashion show along with a choreographed dance routine. The girls also wrote personal notes on cute little cards to send along with the dresses.
They did a fine job and we enjoyed the service. Afterward many of the congregation came up to me to tell me how much they enjoyed my talk and how the project had touched them.

I couldn't ask for anything more!

a perfectly choreographed dance routine
Thanks to Janice and to the girls!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the children will be very happy. Good job as usual.