Saturday, July 7, 2012

Baby needs a new pair of shooz - for my kids in Djati, Guinea Bissau



Oh I almost forgot....
Thursday during my shoe shopping at Nordy's I bought a couple of pairs of cute little canvas shoes by a company called Tom's. I must admit I had never heard of them before but someone on the train home mentioned how much she loved their shoes.

When I got home I looked them up online because there were a couple more colors that I wanted to get that I had not purchased earlier in the day. I was blown away when I found out that for each pair of shoes they sell they give away a pair to a needy child.

So I read on. Their website lists the countries that are currently party of their shoe program and of course, Guinea Bissau was not on the list (what else is new?) Anyway, I am always looking for any help for my kids in Djati so I sent them an email asking if they might supply some shoes for my kids. Although I always remain hopeful, many of the emails I send out often fall upon deaf ears, this one may also. BUT...I am hopeful that they might help us!! Wouldn't that be so cool? 


In any event, they are doing great work for a lot of needy children and for that I applaud them and will share their video with you. And, I also urge you to buy their shoes. (they also have shoes for men)


Oh...(light bulb going on), they also have eyeglasses and now that I think of it, my daughter wanted some glasses by them and I paid for a pair for her birthday this past December! (they have a similar program for glasses) Since I was only the person with the credit card I didn't pay too much attention to the company, but it was also Tom's.

So Two thumbs up for Tom's


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three Thumbs Up For YOU