Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cruzin the Caribbean - My 14-Day Travel Blog - St Thomas

Day 3
FINALLY!!! We are on solid ground. We have arrived at our first port of call, St Thomas in the US Virgin Islands.







We booked a shore excursion through the ship called the St Thomas - Best of shopping tour.  We exited the ship and boarded our bus. Once the bus was full we began our tour. Unfortunately, the tour guide had a very strong accent and we could hardly understand what he was saying as he pointed out the points of interest, plus the loud speaker on the bus did not work properly. We had no idea where we were most of the time, but we made the best of the situation, and just enjoyed the scenery.


our bus driver & tour guide
So, today, no commentary, just enjoy St Thomas in pictures.











 


The tour shopping was mediocre at best so I found my own shopping  - off tour
 
Oh, I almost forgot, this is the first 'native' that we saw when we arrived in St Thomas. Yep, he met us at the dock!

and....did I mention it was windy in the Caribbean???


I must admit, although St Thomas is very pretty, it does not get my vote as a place to return to for a longer stay, however, please come back tomorrow as we are in Antigua and I say 2 thumbs up for that beautiful island.  love, Love LOVED it!!!!

No comments: