Wednesday, June 5, 2013

We took the Extreme Barbados Tour!

Cruzin the Caribbean - My 14-day Travel blog
Day 7
I love this photo. Taken from the car window as we toured th island of Barbados
Sometimes you just don't know exactly why you like a particular place. You just do.



Barbados was one of our most favorite ports of call. We were very fortunate to have a friendly and knowledgeable guide such as Virginia to show us around the island.

She met us at the port and we drove almost all the way around the island making stops at several points of interest and listening to her tell us stories of her life in Barbados and of her home in Venezuela (which she left due to the political climate).

First things first. We made a stop in downtown Barbados. I needed to do a little hat shopping. I found that one hat was not enough and needed a hat that would not blow off in the windy Caribbean air.



We had an opportunity to visit a hotel, an art gallery, several beaches and stopped for a scrumptious meal at The Beach House Bar & Restaurant.  The restaurant is right on the water and has a spectacular view.






On the way to the Beach House we stopped at Cutters Bajan Deli where they have the absolute, hands down BEST rum punch I have ever tasted. We got ours in a to go cup and headed down the road (so I guess its legal to drink and drive in Barbados - or at least its legal as long as its rum punch!!)








We loved our tour so much that Virginia and I vowed to start a business called "Extreme Barbados Tours" Throw away the map and the GPS.  If you get lost, so what. Just enjoy where the road takes you! We had a blast.







Thank you Virginia for a great tour. We will definitely see you (and Barbados) again!


I had collected some really good information on slavery in Barbados but am unable to find it. If I come across it I will post it later. In the meantime here's another link for those interested in the subject.

No comments: