Friday, January 27, 2012

African Artwork arrived today

A couple of weeks ago I posted about the lost artwork of Du Pintor (Guinea Bissau artist who painted the picture I use on my blog header). In that post I said that I had all but given up the hope of ever receiving the pictures that were sent to me about 2 months ago.

Just yesterday I sent an email to Maritza telling her that I was pretty sure they were not going to show up, but that things always happen for a reason and assured her that although disappointed, I was OK with it. I told her that we could just have Du paint us some more (not sure how he felt about that) but I was at peace.

I had released it to be, whatever it was going to be.

Well, today as I was sitting at my desk at work, our mail deliverer strolled in with a package for me. The package turned out to be the missing pictures!!

I was sooo excited!! I can't begin to tell you.

The pictures were wrapped very securely (the entire package was like a big wad of tape - I had a very hard time even opening it). But when I got the container open, the pictures were all in excellent condition.  and, Every single picture was there.

Du is an amazing artist. I had never seen his work in person but I can tell you. it is even more impressive in person. What is also amazing is that he doesn't even paint on canvas. It looks like he is using some sort of green rayon on some of the pictures and a white gauze like material on others. None the less, they are a treasure! And I am truly grateful!

Our biggest contributors will be receiving one of these beautiful hand painted pictures as soon as our campaign is complete.  (there's about 3 wks left)

I wanted to share one of the pictures with you today. I will show you the rest a little later.
The universe works in amazing ways!

Artist: Du Pintor 2011

No comments: