Friday, February 7, 2014

Du Pintor for "Project Keep Maritza Mobile"


Du Pintor painting on the wall at Casa Emanuel Orphanage Bissau, Guinea Bissau West Africa

and then there were four.....

At the beginning of the project I was asked if I would donate one of my Du Pintor paintings as a prize for the top contributor/fundraiser for "Project Keep Maritza Mobile".  Although I only have 5 paintings left, and they are all the large size (24X30), I said "Yes"

I want to help raise money to put Maritza in a new vehicle and I know that time is running out. That old car of hers can't make it much longer. This was the least I could do after all she has done for us. Maritza is also the person who told me about Du and so I am sure that he will be very happy to know that one of his paintings will go to the grand prize winner!

So....today I show you a short slideshow of the 5 paintings that I have left. I was going to choose the one that I am willing to part with and post it. However after sitting here half the evening thinking. I still can't decide. So I'm showing them all.

I hung each of the pictures on my wall secured by painter's tape (each is a one-of-a-kind original, hand painted on either a green or a white gauge like fabric, using traditional house paints  --  Du has no money to buy real artist canvas or expensive acrylic paints) and then I photographed them. I decided to take a couple of shots of each because the lighting was not the best (you may see a slight tinge which is a result of the camera flash) but I think you get the picture.

Anyway, please enjoy and by the way, I am sure the winner will any one of the 5 paintings. I do!

(Note- To see these paintings in all their glory click to expand to full screen)
Please Enjoy!
 
 
PLEASE 
DONATE 

No comments: